Are you a Marine Designer or Design Engineer looking for a role offering new challenges and variety?
Reporting to the Design Manager, this challenging and varied new role will have you intimately involved with each project from concept and design, to detailed production drawings and technical support for the operations team during the build process.
Dickey Boats specialises in customised boat building, so design changes are routine. Every day you will be working across a range of projects in varying stages of completion, drawing on and building your skills and knowledge in metal fabrication, mechanical design, marine systems, engineering, interior design, schematics, graphic design and presentation.
You will need to be practical, innovative and keen to challenge your abilities. Ideally, your background will include a minimum of three years of proven experience. Alternatively, you may have boat building or trades experience with practical knowledge of CAD and are currently transitioning into design.
The following attributes are highly desirable:
• Advanced use of 3D CAD design software (Solidworks, Creo, Autodesk, Inventor, Solid Edge, Rhino and others)
• Knowledge of materials, fabrication and CNC machinery
• Demonstrated ability to produce innovative designs to a high-quality standard
• A minimum of three years proven experience in a design role, ideally within the marine industry
• A relevant trade or tertiary qualification in design is highly desirable, though not essential
• Competent and thoughtful liaison with workshop teams to assist with production issues
• Commitment to quality, teamwork and health & safety
You will also need a genuine commitment to the continual improvement of the product, the systems and the processes, and enjoy a working environment offering a constant challenge of your skills, knowledge, and abilities.
This role is an exceptional opportunity in a growing business committed to outstanding quality and customer experience. You will have genuine opportunities for variety and career growth.